AWS Energy Senior Solutions Architect
- Milan, Italy
Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas can help reshape the future of the Energy industry and improve the lives of many. Here at AWS, you'll work with a talented & inclusive team while using cutting-edge technologies to help our customers accelerate the global energy transition. Welcome to Amazon Web Services where you can have fun and make history.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated technologist who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to build the future with us as a Solutions Architect supporting one of some of the largest Energy companies in the world. You will craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. These solutions always keep the customer and their experience first.
In partnership with Global Account Managers, you will shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and enable the broad use of AWS within the organization. You exercise good judgement in balancing short-term value with longer-term supportability and are keenly aware of how technological changes might impact your solutions. You are never constrained by the realities of today. You can see areas where AWS and our partners can innovate and work across organizations (both internal and external) to deliver new value to our customers.
You will adeptly interact, communicate and partner with other teams at AWS such as product, marketing, and professional services, and represent your team to executive management. You possess a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. Your dynamism, creativity and passion for excellence will make a positive impact with your customer.
• 8+ years of design, implementation, consulting or product management experience relevant to distributed applications and development, infrastructure architecture, database architecture or networking.
• A technical degree in basic sciences, technology, physics, engineering or math required or a non-technical degree with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the Energy, Utility, Financial or Industrial industries
• Strength in design, customer experience solutions.
• Significant depth of experience in one or more of: cloud solutions, virtualization platforms, software development, operational management practices and frameworks, front-end/full-stack, customer experience and design centered development/architecture
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Cloud certifications or professional experience building cloud-native solutions
• Fluency in a high-level programming languages such as Python, JS or modern approaches to infrastructure-as-code
• Demonstrated abilities to lead teams or small organizations in the creation and/or delivery of technical architectures.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in both technical and strategic engagements with senior leaders.
Back to top