AWS Design Director
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a passionate design leader to lead our growing studio. You will have a significant impact on our business by driving the design vision, quality, and delivery for 100 services (products) while collaborating with the design team, engineers, product managers, and executives across the company. We have the opportunity to work in several exciting areas including: Analytics, Robotics, Storage, Database, Compute, and several we can't talk about just yet.
We are looking for a design leader with analytical skills, an ability to collaborate across domains, and a relentless determination to do what is right for Amazon's customers.
AWS Design works to enable our users, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor, to harness the power of the cloud. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
• 15+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role designing mobile, web, and/or other applications
• 10+ years of experience successfully leading and managing large design teams
• An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across desktop and mobile devices
• Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
• Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
• Proven track record presenting to and influencing people, from other designers to senior executive management
• Experience leading projects in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team including designers, web developers, writers, product managers and software developers
• Fluency in best practices for multi-platform information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Bachelor's, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field
• Design operations experience required to drive organizational design, product roadmaps, project planning, and resource prioritization
• Strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Possess excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Be willing to roll up the sleeves to meet business and product deliverables
• Passion for the role of design within an organization and the ability to hire, develop and mentor design talent
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus
• Masters or advanced degree or equivalent professional experience
Back to top