AWS Data Engineer
Do you have passion to drive the performance of a business through creative analytical insight? Are you excited about Human Resources and bringing science to the art of managing and developing an extremely talented workforce? We are looking for a passionate, insightful, results-oriented Data Engineer to join a team chartered with building People Analytics for all of AWS. From statistical analysis, predictive analytics, reporting, and requirements gathering, we'll do it all! All with an aim to more effectively develop our most valuable of all resources – our people!
Our current platform is based on Microstrategy, so a strong depth of experience in this software is necessary. Over the long term, this position will also have a leading role in choosing which emerging technologies we leverage as we continue to deliver world-class business intelligence solutions to our internal customers.
- Create ETLs to take data from various operational systems
- · Use business intelligence and visualization software (e.g., OBIEE, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.) to empower non-technical, internal customers to drive their own analytics and reporting.
- · Monitor and maintain database security and database software.
- · Work with business owners to build data sets that answer their specific business questions.
- · Collaborating with engineers to implement the design of the data architecture.
- · Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects.
- · Develop a deep understanding of AWS's vast data sources and tools
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- · 4+ years of experience as a BI Engineer or Data Engineer preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources, or in an analysis or research role with progressively increasing responsibility.
- · Deep understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
- · Experience building self-service reporting solutions using business intelligence software (e.g., OBIEE, Tableau Server, etc.).
- · Demonstrated experience in using SQL, ETL construction, Data Warehouse solutions and database modeling in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- · Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- · Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Master's or higher degree in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering.
- · Experience in developing forecasting models.
- · Experience in the field of human resources.
- · Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS RedShift, RDS, Hadoop etc.
- · Familiarity and comfort with statistics and use of statistical applications such as R.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top