Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Customer Service team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of customers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
AWS Customer Service provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We help with account and billing related inquiries, and interface with AWS teams to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer.
As an AWS CS Team Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that front line Technical Customer Service Associates (TCSAs) are set up for success. You will be responsible for ensuring standards for productivity and quality are achieved. You will set the direction and culture of your team by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing individual coaching feedback sessions, and frequent one-on-ones that focus on improving customer satisfaction, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as a leader and point of contact for escalated contact resolution of a supervisory or sensitive nature. You will work with exceptionally driven, customer focused Associates and Premium Support Engineers. You will act as a Cloud Computing evangelist in the leading edge of this growing industry.
In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Leading a team of approximately 10 associates; responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team.
• Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality
• Organizes, prioritizes and schedules work assignments to meet business need.
• Manages workforce, develops and maintains staff scheduling and capacity planning.
• Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon's policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
• Communicating policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
• Can adapt well and lead team in an environment through changes in circumstances, direction, and strategy.
Project and Operations Management
• Owning escalated customer contacts and leading the effort to satisfactorily resolution
• Performing deep dive analysis on selected customer contacts to gather lessons learned, then use that information to update internal reference materials and processes
• Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to AWS customers
• Working with other customer support teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
• Driving projects that improve support-related processes
• Working with customers to understand how they use AWS services, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams
• Acting as an advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
• Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
• Assisting with customer communication during AWS critical launches and support events
• Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features
• Making sure internal knowledge reference pages are updated
• Perform ambiguous tasks without guidance and support and have the ability to suggest actions without having all the information.
This role does require flexibility to work weekends and/or evenings.
• 2+ years of experience in a Team Manager/Supervisor role in a Customer Service industry.
• High school diploma
• Advanced written and spoken English level
• Bachelors degree preferred such as Computer Science, Science, Commerce, Business.
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Ability to function in an ambiguous, fast paced work environment
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Proven familiarity with general principles of Workforce in a customer contact center environment
• Demonstrated verbal (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.