AWS Connections Business Development Manager
Would you like to help develop new programs for Amazon AWS, a market-leading cloud offering? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by engaging and delivering value to high potential customers? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a Business Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape the strategy and deliver on a new program designed to broaden engagement with and usage of Amazon's cloud computing platform within the enterprise and startup communities. This includes defining the program, processes for how it will operate, metrics for success, and executing on it to deliver value for our customers. You will be expected to continually test, observe and refine your efforts to improve what we offer to those customers. You'll need to partner with our other business development, sales, and product teams across AWS & Amazon to drive the program to launch & success.
The ideal candidate will have a deep business development background, with the network, credibility and gravitas to engage at the senior executive level of AWS's largest customers. S/he will bring a demonstrated ability to earn trust and work cross-functionally across the organization, including the ability to earn that trust by thinking and communicating strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges associated with our new program. The candidate will also bring a strong project/program management background, have experience leading medium to large projects, and have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate should be comfortable working with data for analysis and insight, and converting data into digestible business intelligence and actionable information.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Startup Business Development team in driving new programs through development & launch working with global cross-functional teams
- Deepen engagement with key, at-scale AWS customers, being able to listen to and synthesize their business and technical goals, and think creatively about how to help them deliver on those goals.
- Be able to see and eager to realize value through facilitating connections and partnerships
- Think creatively about how to facilitate engagement across the AWS customer base, including directly and with community events
- Proven ability to influence change at all levels within an organization
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the initiatives you're responsible for including showing operations success and developing on further iterations
- Measure and utilize program KPI's to improve the overall program
- Dive deep to understand areas of optimization across operations and functional teams; translate findings into business requirements
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for operational, program or product improvements
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and prioritize when necessary
- BA/BS Degree
- 10-15+ years of Business Development and/or Product Management experience in a related industry
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems; in particular, identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs; distilling problem definitions, models, constraints from informal business requirements; and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Demonstrated ability to earn and use influence at all levels in an organization, including CxO level relationships with strategic customers and partners
- Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big, act quickly, and deliver results
- Experience developing and optimizing operational processes and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
- Ability to perform to expectations in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- MBA or Master's Degree in a related field
- Management consulting experience
- Familiarity with corporate innovation processes best practices, including innovation centers, JVs, partnerships and acquisitions
- Experience with cloud computing, enterprise software and/or IT
- Ability to deep dive/analyze customer related data using advanced Excel, SQL and other analytical tools
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top