AWS Communications & Programs Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking an Americas Sales Communications & Programs Manager . This role will assist in defining, landing and executing on the business operational cadence together with executing a comprehensive internal communications strategy. The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, is disciplined in operations execution, has creative ideas for employee engagement and has an extreme level of attention to detail. This role will also build out and execute upon an extensive internal communications cadence for use within the America's AWS business and the successful candidate should be passionate about writing and connecting with an audience through a written medium.
This individual will collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement changes, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results, and has experience in sales or sales operations. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves".
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the monthly cadenced business reporting and rhythm of business.
- Lead the definition and execution of the internal communications strategy.
- Execute against Americas strategic initiatives and programs.
- Support the evolution, integration, and implementation of sales systems/processes to meet the rapid growth of the business and its revenue attainment and market development objectives.
- Lead business planning initiatives.
- Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
- At least 5+ years experience in an internal communication or program management role
- supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization.
- Experience in multiple organizational functions such as compensation, forecasting, organizational development, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Strong financial, analytical and communication skills.
- Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required)
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
- Experience in an executive communications role is highly regarded
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top