AWS Comms & Programs Lead
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies. AWS provides the largest storage services in the world, including Simple Storage Service (S3), Glacier, and Elastic Block Storage (EBS) which all fall under our Block and Object Storage services portfolio.
We are seeking a talented and experienced leader to manage communications and diversity programs for the storage organization. This is a cross-functional role and you will partner with Marketing, PR, HR and other teams to manage organizational communication and diversity programs. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, self-motivated communications professional who can operate in a high-velocity environment and deliver high-quality results. In your career you must have demonstrated successful executive presence, excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to influence others.
• Manage messaging and content for executive talks and other leadership communications
• Incubate and launch diversity initiatives in partnership with senior leaders and HR/ DEI teams
• Recognize and respond to service need and provide tailored strategies and solutions for internal communications and training programs
• Provide consultative support to identify opportunities and initiatives for continuous improvement
In this role, you will join a diverse team that values an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network (BEN), Amazon Women in Engineering (AWE) and Glamazon (our LGBTQ+ community).
• 6+ years of experience in Program Management, Communications or Diversity programs
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, or a related field
• Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal stakeholders and multiple projects at once.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to articulate clear messages to a various audiences.
• Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Back to top