AWS Business Space and Facilities Program Manager
Amazon Web Services is hiring an AWS Space and Facilities Program Manager. As the AWS Space Program Manager, you will work with AWS Business Leaders, their teams and the AWS Space Administrators to manage strategic and tactical space planning initiatives, conceive, design and develop innovative tools, grow the capabilities of our current systems to meet demand, drive continuous improvement of processes, and ensure the successful launch and ongoing support of new AWS space as it becomes available. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. This role is intended to increase the emphasis on the customer experience by identifying and planning for the business, individual teams and employee needs in advance of growth while streamlining efforts and tools to reduce overall cost. The candidate for this position must be an excellent communicator, with an ability to guide stakeholders in defining scope and effectively using resources.
- Serve as the liaison between AWS and Global Real Estate and Facilities teams.
- Partner with AWS and the Global Real Estate and Facilities teams to define business requirements, participating in company-wide projects and initiatives as appropriate.
- Create visibility about key initiatives taking place in AWS and Global Real Estate and Facilities teams. Participate in the weekly Global Real Estate and Facilities planning meeting, advocating for AWS and driving best practice sharing.
- Understand current Amazon internal systems capabilities and limitations, including Facilities Management (FM) Systems, Actuate, Cognos, HR Data Mart, inside.amazon.com, PeopleSoft and Trouble Ticketing.
- Solve problems and explore solutions to current processes and systems, coordinate cross functionally to implement.
- Develop business cases that receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired changes. Deliver results.
- Negotiate best capacity stack plans for AWS, and their Finance and Human Resources partners, by managing trade-offs between employee experience and cost effectiveness.
- Possess strong judgment skills and provide the appropriate communication, clear, concise, and thoughtful.
- Educate and train the AWS Space Administrators on space related tools and processes. Identify and fill training gaps that require learning support.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and between various project stakeholders.
- Thoroughly understand, and educate accordingly, Amazon's philosophy on space.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- 5+ years of experience managing one or more cross-functional projects from concept to execution under tight deadline.
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Real Estate, Facilities and/or Space Planning experience.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems.
- Understanding of the Global Real Estate and Facilities, Business Partner, and Space Administrator roles, including how those roles differ between teams.
- Intermediate, or better, knowledge of Excel.
- Impartial, thoughtful leader with company-wide focus and perspective. A team player that is not proprietary.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by driving your own awareness and being hardworking, responsive and resourceful.
- Excellent listening, speaking, verbal and written communication skills.
- Intense dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers. Talks and acts with the customer in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers. Gains their trust and respect. Knows who their customers are.
- Bias for data driven decisions.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top