AWS Business Contracts Manager - Public Sector
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations also look to and depend on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
We have an immediate opening for a Contracts Manager to support the AWS World Wide Public Sector team focusing on National Security/DoD customers. This position will be based in Northern, VA.
This position has a strong focus on pre and post award contract management. Responsibilities will include maintaining contractual opportunities and assisting in the formulation of contract policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for a variety of federal programs. You will participate in and oversee team review of all customer contractual and purchase documents, coordinate legal activities for contract/agreement negotiation and support competitive bid process in reviewing RFPs and ensuring ability for contract compliance. You will maintain contract records/files and manage, track and ensure compliance with all contractual obligations. This person will have a strong desire and ability to develop and implement tools and automation in contracting operations in order to increase efficiency and sales productivity. You will also support the sales team in helping to educate government contracting officers on AWS cloud services and advise them on the AWS cloud contracting model and issues and approaches to cloud computing with respect to commercial terms and conditions as well as acquisition policy and regulations.
This position requires the candidate to have an attention to detail, great follow through, ability to identify and drive global process improvements, coordinate between sales, operations and legal teams and be a great communicator to both external and internal customers.
- 5+ years of contracts management or other comparable experience with US Government Contracts with a focus/in depth knowledge of Federal contracting.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing multi-agency IDIQ type contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Applicant selected may be subject to a USG Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and if required, must meet eligibility standards for access to classified national security information (TS/SCI eligible with Polygraph)
- 5+ years' experience with FAR, DFAR, all government contract types, UCC, commercial contracts, international contract and cradle to grave process
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating legal terms of a broad range of enterprise technology commercial contracts
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Experience in Sharepoint and SalesForce
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top