Amazon AQUA, Advanced Query Acceleration, is a new service offering to the Amazon RedShift data warehouse solution. AQUA is designed from the ground up to enhance performance of analytic query workloads. AQUA achieves high performance by using a highly distributed platform built of the latest generation hardware, specialized Amazon hardware accelerators, and advanced caching techniques. AQUA's obsession with performance allows customers to experience significantly higher throughput accelerating their ability to answer business questions with more data.
To explore more about Amazon AQUA, visit https://www.zdnet.com/article/amazon-redshift-turns-aqua .
Joining the Amazon AQUA team gives you the opportunity to:
• Participate in the design and development of a state-of-the-art query processing framework
• Turn research results into world-class software/hardware products
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Work with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
• Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS degree or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• 5+ years of experience working with x86-based servers
• 3+ years of lab experience
• Experience developing validation tests (C/C++, Python, Ruby, Bash)
• Strong scripting skills
• Experience reading schematics
• Experience working with FPGAs
• Experience working with microcontrollers and RTOS software
• Experience with industry standard compliance testing
• Experience determining root causes of PCIe, DDR, or Ethernet failures
• Experience working with ODM/OEM companies
Job Locations - Austin, TX
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us