AWS Americas Field Sales Operations Leader
- New York, NY
The Americas Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement (SSOE) team is building the future of sales. We operate with a startup mentality, build mechanisms that scale, and innovate solutions on behalf of our customers. Our team is responsible for supporting the rapidly growing Americas Commercial Sales business, from Sales Leaders to Solutions Architects and everything in between. We are obsessed with delivering results for customers and supporting sales organizations to shape the direction of the business. We are a diverse, innovative team that loves translating data, insights, and anecdotes into action.
We are seeking a Field Sales Operations Leader to partner with the head of AWS Americas NE sales area to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities for the business. This role is the "COO of Sales" responsible for everything from defining local market strategies and programs through to the day to day execution of the business. This is a leadership role leading a team of Field Sales Operations Leads supporting the Americas business.
This role will partner with the head of Americas Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement (SSOE) in the strategic planning process, the annual and monthly rhythm of business and the annual Territory Planning process. The ideal candidate has broad leadership skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to ensure the continued growth and success of the business and delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist Inside Sales Managers and Demand Generation Leaders in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will lead a team supporting the day to day execution of the business including commission and quota plans, managing the territory definitions and account movements, and providing reporting and insights to sales leaders.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves".
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner teams. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives.
• Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
• Manage the monthly cadenced business reporting for the business segment.
• Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues.
• Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams' performance.
• Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments.
• Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work and Life balance looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America and stays connected through virtual meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast paced dynamic environment, but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We're committed to the growth and development of every member of the SSOE team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org and deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills. Your manager will be there to help support your career advancement and help you explore ways to develop. We also encourage curiosity and ownership of self-service learning opportunities within our internal education center.
AWS is a growth environment - we're hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way.
• At least 7 years of leading a divisional Sales Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
• Experience in multiple organizational functions such as compensation, forecasting, organizational development, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
• Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
• Strong financial, analytical and communication skills.
• Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required)
• Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
• Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
• Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top