Amazon Web Services is seeking a self-starter to lead and own revenue generation in the Federal Civilian Cloud Computing business. Team player with focus on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with Federal clients directly and also eco-system of solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions.
As an Account Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS) you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing customer base across the US Census Bureau. You will drive business and technical relationships and launch customers at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key cloud related opportunities. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies, and collaborating with the Technical, Sales, Legal, Marketing, Product, Contracts and Executive leadership along the way.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer's mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with these agencies and our eco-system of partners (SI's and ISV's) that support these customers. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
• Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory.
• Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
• Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team in helping to drive adoption of the overall AWS market and technical strategy.
• Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the public sector.
• Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our cloud services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
• Understand the technical requirements of your customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding quarterly and yearly strategies to align with revenue growth expectations.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Accelerate customer adoption and customer satisfaction
• Limited to moderate travel required
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Minimum of 10 years of enterprise sales and/or program/product management experience with a focus on Federal Government Customers.
• Minimum of 5 years of sales experience selling enterprise software, hardware, networking infrastructure, managed hosting services or cloud computing services.
• BA/BS degree required
• Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts
• Solid Technical background in software applications, networking, big data analytic tools, web app development, etc.
• Track record for exceeding quota
• Direct experience selling to the Department of Labor is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Extensive customer network
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.