Our Retail Business Services (RBS) team is an integral part of Amazon online product life-cycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure that Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team's primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
The Operations team supports multiple categories, populates/ procures content for the Amazon Catalog, works with the premium vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interacts directly with Amazon internal customers across the globe to deliver to their requirements.
As an Automation Expert you are responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics, working with cross-functional teams to design, build, deploy the reporting systems, building python/macro based automations, RPA and utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities. Working in a dynamic environment, you will be responsible for monitoring key success metrics, identifying business metrics that assess risk and challenges, collaboratively shape solutions with the team. You need to be an effective user of Amazon business intelligence tools, and data warehouses to help analyze the performance across segments. You will also work on projects which require automation of certain processes by building scalable tools. You will be expected to quickly become a subject matter expert of Amazon data structures and data flows, and help business leaders improve business processes, make better decisions, and generate value.
In this role, you are expected to work closely with your peers, operations managers to understand their requirement and translate them in to actionable business metrics.
• Understand the vision, direction and culture of all RBS operations;
• Understand requirements from the management and RBS teams and map them with data sources / data warehouse;
• Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance
• Responsible to plan resourcing, analyze and report daily, weekly and monthly metrics; identify trends and opportunities to reduce costs and improve processes;
• Define reporting requirements and RBS related dashboards to enable an integrated approach covering all RBS topics. Build a RBS org level reporting to help management understand challenges and risks faced;
• Increasingly partner with stakeholders like Onshore and or Retail and be a part of the solution process, to potentially minimize revenue impacts;
• Retrieve and analyze data using SQL, Excel, Access, Tableau (including VBA) and other data management systems;
• Drive the development of quantitative models necessary for evaluation and implementation for resource and cost reduction, as well as process improvement;
• Monitor existing metrics and partnering with internal teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities;
• Design and implement reporting and automation solutions that enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
• Prior experience working in e-commerce / retail / supply chain / financial services business;
• Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects; experience with large scale data bases and data warehouses and SQL in a business environment;
• Detail-oriented person that must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources & to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem;
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including proficiency with tools such as Excel and Access) and an ability to use data to back up assumptions and develop business cases;
• Decision making/ complex problem solving- proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources, probes/considers all of the facts, considers other perspectives; conducts root cause analysis; refers to long term plans and goals; prioritizes key factors; acts decisively, promptly and confidently; complex analysis;
• Ability to apply analytical, computer, statistical and quantitative problem solving skills is required;
• Proficiency with quantitative analysis, and databases;
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills in English, combined with the ability to lead group discussions and explaining complex solutions.
• Expert level of (any) Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python, Java, C, C#
- Exposure to software development process;
- Master's Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or Operational Research from premier institute
- Strong tactical level operator; thrive on analytics and detailed investigation;
- Technical Expertise - in-depth knowledge of planning and analysis tools; solution driven approach to system and process.