Audio DSP Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Echo Frames is Amazon's first prescription-ready smart glasses. The vision of the product is to allow our customers to bring the magic of Alexa on-the-go, to get more done and be more present. The team is focused on bringing technology and design into a form that is familiar to millions of glasses wearers, in a way that has never been done by any other company before. If you are excited about pushing the envelope and developing brand new experiences for consumers, we would love to meet you.
As an Audio DSP Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team and collaborate with cross-functional teams developing exciting and innovative products for consumers. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment.
You will work in designing and developing audio DSP algorithms and participating in integrating them into an emerging product. Your solutions are logical, testable, maintainable, and efficient. In addition, you are able to clarify requirements, review code, and work with peers in resolving issues. This position may require some travel both domestic and international.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to long term happiness and fulfillment. There are phases of high intensity including in-office/lab work, cross-time zone communications, and we work with team members to build in flexibility and encourage time to re-energize outside of work. We will continue to evolve to optimize our efforts and results as a cohesive team to develop delightful products for our customers.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Audio DSP algorithm development experience
• Fixed point C and embedded SW development experience, basic knowledge on Matlab and/or Python scripting
• Demonstrated experience implementing signal processing algorithms on low-power embedded systems
• Solid understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments
• Master's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred
• Experience with hardware analysis tools, such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer
• Hands-on experience with one or more architectures such as Tensilica HiFi, CEVA, Kalimba, ARC or other audio DSP cores
• Familiarity with common audio processing blocks such as AEC, DRC, Noise suppression, EQ, and ANC
• Familiarity with audio processing signal chain and characteristics of acoustic transducers such as microspeakers and microphones
• Familiarity with audio system performance measurements and tuning
• Understand audio codecs and audio post-processing tools such as Audacity or Adobe Audition
• Experience with audio test systems such as SoundCheck or Head Acoustics ACQUA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit. https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top