Associate Vendor Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them by working with suppliers to enhance our selection and maximize product availability.
We are looking for a strong Associate Vendor Manager to join Amazon Fashion's exciting and fast-paced team on-boarding and managing strategic corporate priority selling partners.
AVMs will own the end-to-end relationship with selling partners, from on-boarding brands and selection, through high-visibility activations, and to long-term, sustainable growth. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to achieve these goals.
The successful candidate will be motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, have high quality standards, and be passionate about delivering best-in-class experiences for customers. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about a business, with the ability to build clear processes, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• On-boarding new brands to Amazon's stores
• Utilizing established playbooks to to deliver a best-in-class customer experience during high-visibility activations
• Iterating on playbook processes to simplify, improve, and expedite on-boarding
• Managing brand growth on Amazon focusing on key inputs to drive the long-term success of each business
• Conducting business reviews with senior management regarding progress and roadblocks
• Continuously seeking information to improve the customer experience and make recommendations to the business
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years of business development or similar experience
• Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
• Excellent communication skills to convey key insights from complex analysis in business terms to both internal and external parties
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
• Ability to think strategically and tactically, with attention to detail
• Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success
• Analytical problem solving abilities and ability to work with data
• Thrives under pressure and working to aggressive timelines
• 3-5 years experience doing one of several roles: management consulting, investment banking analyst/associate
• Advanced Excel or basic SQL preferred
• Experience manipulating large bodies of data
• Experience negotiating with 3rd parties
• Strong alignment to Amazon's Leadership Principles
• Prior experience with presentation, organization, and account/vendor management is preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top