Associate Solutions Architect
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services -- now widely known as cloud computing. Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. With data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, customers across all industries are taking advantage of our low cost, elastic, open and flexible, secure platform.
At AWS we are looking for motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills.
As a member of pre-sales organization, the Associate Solutions Architect will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will also have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS
- Assist with training sessions for customers considering or already using AWS
- Collaborate with experienced solutions architects to craft and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
The right person for the team will:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises. Expect to help our customers design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
- Have a strong understanding of computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in the computing industry. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new skills. You will identify areas of existing architectural collateral that are incorrect or need updating to ensure customers can create world-class solutions built on AWS.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related technical discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Working knowledge of infrastructure architecture, database architecture, networking, software development tools and methodologies
- Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
- Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 30% of the time
- Experience using and adapting to new technologies
- · Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- · Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- · Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- · Solution selling experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top