Associate Solutions Architect
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking top talent to join our new AWS Cloud Academy Program. This is a unique opportunity for self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands.
The AWS Cloud Academy is an accelerated career development program for technical professionals who want to advance their skills and help customers design flexible and resilient cloud-based solutions. This residency program consists of a three-month development curriculum followed by three to six months of experiential learning. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the tech industry. This program will start in July 2017 and will be out of our Arlington, Virginia office. Here are some other qualities that we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises. Expect to help our customers design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
Are curious and have a passion for learning. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in the cloud computing industry. You will enjoy building your technical skills as you learn from top subject matter experts and industry thought leaders.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (minimum bachelor of science or bachelor of arts degree)
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Able to travel to an AWS training location (e.g. Seattle, WA, Ballston, VA) for the first 6 months of the program
- Must be able to work out of the Ballston, Virginia AWS office, with the potential to relocate to an AWS office within the US upon successful completion of the training program. Relocation will be based on business needs. AWS cannot confirm final placement destination at the time of offer. AWS will provide relocation assistance
- Able to legally live and work in the US
- Cloud Awareness: Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company desired
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired
- Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering, Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics degree preferred
- Troubleshooting: Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work desired
- Experience managing application stacks from the OS up through custom applications or experience designing or implementing distributed systems, algorithms and relational databases desired
- Knowledge of programming or other scripting languages and coding skills (C/C++/C#, Node.JS, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby) desired
- Knowledge of fundamentals of Networking, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows) desired
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP) desired
- Working knowledge of AWS services, such as Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic Block Storage, and Simple Storage Service desired
For more information: https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top