Associate Creative Director
Associate Creative Director
Developing unique work that no one else has thought of, and that no one outside of Amazon could actually accomplish, Amazon Media Group seeks an associate creative director with the chops to help our advertising clients make an impact with Amazon customers. We're looking for a thinker with great ideas and great craft, who is unselfishly creative, who can share ideas with younger teams while fostering their growth, and who is ambitious—but nice to be around.
Be customer obsessed and think strategically
- Distill marketing challenges and business goals into focused creative briefs.
- Dive deep on audience (considering a brand's target audience as well as Amazon shopper behavior) to find meaningful insights.
- Understand human behavior. Focus the work on solving real customer problems.
- Measure success in terms of business metrics.
Insist on the highest creative standards
- Generate creative ideas and filter/develop those from teams. Lead and inspire these teams to continually raise the creative bar across clients.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to drive executions of all types (video, social, voice integration, VR, etc.).
- Deliver campaignable ideas and multichannel brand campaigns of the highest standard that map to the brief and generate measurable business return for clients.
Take ownership of the business
- Maintain a high-level view across the business. Understand the complexities, dependencies, and opportunities beyond our immediate team.
- Understand our advertising platform and how to sell it, working within the existing framework as well as pushing for new functionalities.
- Create ideas that can become scalable executions (and revenue streams) in the future.
- Be willing and able to adapt with the business as it evolves over time.
- Work with Creative Director and Group Creative Director to help build strategic business partnerships with clients and agency partners, inspiring and exciting them about creative solutions and delivery on their brand promise.
- Leverage Amazon's various platforms and new technologies to develop ideas that transcend digital, unlocking opportunities that push both clients and the industry
- Articulate and defend strategic thinking and creative direction to executive-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver high standards of client satisfaction, measuring through feedback, open communication, surveys, and campaign response and continuously adapting and adjusting approaches to benefit the client.
Earn trust and be a thought leader
- Be a creative ambassador; lead by example. Foster a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams as well as client and agency partners.
- Build relationships and align efforts with internal business partners, including sales, client services, and technology.
- Educate, inspire, and motivate colleagues across the organization to help them understand, protect, and sell the strongest creative ideas to clients.
- Passion for creativity, from conceptual thinking to final output.
- Portfolio demonstrating big, campaignable thinking that can extend into any medium.
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use in marketing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Clear verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work through escalations and difficult situations independently.
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
- Bachelor degree in design, copywriting or equivalent professional experience required
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience setting creative direction, coordinating, and reviewing the work of the design team and other clients and internal stakeholders to ensure highest quality and unity of visual style
- Strong project management skills, team-oriented individual with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong creative direction, visual design acumen, and experience creating great interactive advertising experiences is a requirement for application
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a creative leader, preferably with 4 years in an interactive agency environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top