Amazon's Legal Department is looking for an experienced workplace health & safety compliance attorney to be based in Singapore to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. AWS is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. We are looking for a talented attorney to support Amazon's worldwide data centers that power our rapidly growing and evolving cloud computing business.
You will be part of a fast-growing, global team responsible for counseling Amazon's data center business on a broad range of regulatory compliance matters relevant to our data center infrastructure and operations, including health & safety, environmental, trade, and products. You will work directly with Amazon Web Services' worldwide health & safety and environmental teams, provide support to critical operations and engineering teams, and report to AWS' senior regulatory compliance counsel. You will have the opportunity to advise on legal requirements across Asia Pacific and to learn about different health & safety regimes in the region. You will collaborate with attorneys around the globe to support pioneering business initiatives, gain intimate knowledge about how our data centers operate, work directly with health and safety, operations and engineering teams to develop commercial solutions to global compliance issues, and be a part of teams developing innovative new products that have an impact on our data center infrastructure and operations, worldwide. You will help create compliance policies and procedures, provide day-to-day compliance guidance to the health and safety team, work cross-functionally with other data center teams to ensure compliance, negotiate commercial transactions with vendors, and resolve issues that arise int he compliance areas including inspections. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
Qualified candidates must have five or more years of legal experience advising on health & safety laws. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, pragmatic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Amazon offers its attorneys the opportunity to develop their experience and career with one of the world's most recognized and dynamic brands. Competitive salary includes equity.
• A minimum of 5 years of legal experience in health & safety compliance matters, with at least two years at a law firm.
• Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB) or equivalent from a reputable university.
• Admitted to practice law in Singapore, Australia, the United States (or equivalent).
• Professional level fluency in English, written and spoken (fluency in an additional language will be viewed favorably). #AWS
• Previous data center health & safety compliance experience
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience
• Excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age