Amazon Web Services (AWS) is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and more. We are looking for an Associate Corporate Counsel to support the AWS sales and marketing teams in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic technology service agreements with enterprise customers and partners and provide legal support for local and regional services and initiatives. Typical transactions will range from standard contracts to complex, high-value agreements. The role includes participating in other legal team projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling customer and client inquiries.
We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, and highly customer-obsessed professionals. Developing innovative solutions to better serve our customers and clients is part of our daily business.
This role will be based in Munich,Germany. Some travel may be required.
• Exceptional academic qualifications
• Between two and five years of post-qualification legal experience
• Transactional experience, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
• Excellent English language skills
• Fluency in German
• Experience with IT transactions, including technology licensing agreements
• Familiarity with cloud computing services, outsourcing and telecommunications
• In house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group
• High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a partner to business stakeholders
• Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
• Great business judgment
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.