Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented commercial attorney to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more.
This Associate Corporate Counsel will primarily support AWS's sales and marketing teams in the U.S. and Latin America, negotiating, drafting and advising on strategic enterprise agreements and technology licensing agreements, advising on regulatory and compliance issues, and assisting with marketing initiatives and global expansion. Typical transactions will range from standard contracts to complex, high-dollar-value strategic agreements. The role includes participating in other Amazon Web Services legal projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
• J.D. degree or foreign equivalent and admitted to at least 1 USA state bar
• 2+ years of transactional attorney experience, preferably to include experience with IT/technology transactions
• Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills (speaking and writing)
• Background in web services/cloud computing, software licensing, or telecommunications is a plus
• Experience in a private practice technology group or in house experience at technology company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.