Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented junior lawyer to support Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. As part of the AWS public sector legal team, the successful candidate will support AWS's public sector customers, including government, state owned enterprises, NGOs, healthcare, and educational institutions, in Australia, New Zealand, and around the broader Asia-Pacific region.
This Associate Corporate Counsel will negotiate a wide range of technology contracts with a focus on Australian and New Zealand public sector customers, assist with responses to bid proposals/tenders, support compliance training and awareness, and work proactively with regulators and policy makers. They will provide ongoing legal counsel and contract interpretation to business team members on a day-to-day basis, and help develop, implement, and manage process improvements across the team. Typical transactions will range from standard contracts to complex, high-dollar-value agreements. A background in technology or public sector is preferred, but we will provide on-the-job training and support if the successful candidate does not have this background.
The successful candidate will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually stretched, have sound written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate good judgment even in ambiguous situations.
This position will be based in Australia and offers a competitive compensation package.
• Law degree from a reputable university or college.
• Licensed to practice law in Australia, New Zealand, the U.S. or other common law jurisdiction.
• Minimum 2 years of post-admission legal experience.
• Experience drafting and negotiating complex transactional documents.
• Experience managing multiple projects at once and competing timelines.
• Knowledge of Australian or New Zealand public procurement requirements.
• Transactional experience involving public sector customers (including government, state owned enterprises, NGOs, healthcare, and educational institutions), procurement, or technology.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age