Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. We strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Legal team members at Amazon are trusted members of the business.
Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
We are looking for a talented lawyer to support our rapidly growing and evolving Amazon France Retail and Consumer business in France and possibly another EU country. You will be in charge of working with Retail lawyers and business partners to identify, create and develop scalable compliance and regulatory solutions to create a best-in-class customer experience. You will serve as key partner on regulatory initiatives and will provide day-to-day advice to a wide range of business teams, focusing on legal analysis, developing compliance objectives and resolving potential compliance issues that arise in our goal to be the Earth's most customer centric company. The position is based in Paris.
• Outstanding academic qualification (France strongly preferred)
• Admitted to practice as an attorney (France strongly preferred)
• At least 3+ years legal or compliance experience at a global company or one of the top law firms.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional team work.
• A team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor, who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with other functions throughout the organization.
• Hands-on project management experience, including excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments
• Sound and practical business judgment as well as common sense
• Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.