Associate Cloud Consultant Intern
Are you interested in helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing cloud consulting business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
AWS Consultants engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The AWS Cloud Academy is an accelerated career development program for technical professionals who want to advance their skills and help customers design flexible and resilient cloud-based solutions. This residency program consists of a three-month development curriculum followed by three to six months of experiential learning. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the tech industry. Here are some other qualities that we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises. Expect to help our customers design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
Are curious and have a passion for learning. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in the cloud computing industry. You will enjoy building your technical skills as you learn from top subject matter experts and industry thought leaders.
This position requires that an applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with a Polygraph. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected with be subject to a Single-Scope Background investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
- 0-5 years design, implementation or consulting experience with distributed software applications and architectures.
- Undergraduate or graduate technical degree required in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher or equivalent in your academic program.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP).
- Working knowledge of AWS services, such as Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Block Storage (EBS), and Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Demonstrated presentation skills and comfortable speaking in front of others.
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Demonstrates technical mastery of one or more AWS services.
- Able to guide and teach customers and partners on how best to apply AWS technologies in order to meet complex requirements. Proactively supports team members, as needed.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity?Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top