Art Director, Amazon Kids
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Kids team is seeking seeking a talented, customer-obsessed Art Director to create innovative and compelling marketing experiences on multiple media platforms including online, mobile, print, and Fire tablets. You will work closely with merchandising, marketing, UX, and product teams to create and bring ideas to life. You are an experienced Art Director who has successfully demonstrated taking business goals and managing a team to turn them into exceptional world-class designs. You understand the complexity of marketing and know how to set the visual standard for our brand, Amazon Kids+. You have strong organizational skills, web expertise, design aesthetic, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. You will create new visual styles and brand guidelines and have opportunities to challenge yourself on a high level across many mediums including photography, video, and illustration.
Amazon Kids brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular brand, titles, and age-appropriate content. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/kids
• Take an idea from concept to launch. Innovating new brand standards and style guides.
• Lead a small team of visual designers and help drive requirements by offering customer focused solutions.
• Collaborate with marketing, copywriters, and other design disciplines within and external to the org.
• Create merchandising and marketing campaigns that elevate Amazon Kids brand across multiple marketing channels including online retail (Amazon homepage), marketing and sales-driven email campaigns, and mobile marketing.
• Understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs.
• Understand user experience best practices for web design & mobile interactions.
• Use current and future marketing channels to inform and delight our customers.
• Present and defend visual design solutions to leadership & team owners.
• Collaborate with the Amazon design community at large to ensure consistent brand use across multiple marketing channels.
• Manage design documentation, style guides, and our visual voice.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating online marketing, eCommerce / retail merchandising, visual branding, and great user-centered design solutions.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in online marketing & retail design
• Experience managing a team and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and InDesign
• Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience
• Experience working in an advertising or creative agency environment
• Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management
• Writing skills a plus.
• Product Visual design experience a plus.
• Design experience across a range of media including online, mobile and print.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top