Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Architects and Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server infrastructure. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we're handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you'll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product's performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
- Work with applications teams to ascertain requirements for accelerating cloud applications with a particular focus on computer arithmetic
- Model and analyze architectures
- Develop or work with design teams to develop the micro-architecture and implement the design in state of the art process technology nodes
- Work closely with modeling, verification, validation, and test teams to ensure the design meets the goals and requirements
- Be a highly-valued member of our start-up like team through technical leadership, collaboration, and teamwork
- BS degree or higher in EE, CE, or CS
- 10+ years of experience of chip design experience
- 5+ years of experience as an Architect or Micro-Architect for high performance Arithmetic operations
- Ability to ascertain high level requirements and then develop architectures and circuits to meet the specific functionality, speed, power, and cost goals to achieve those requirements
- Strong knowledge in computer arithmetic architectures
- Experience doing high level modeling / architectural analysis
- Coding skills in Verilog, in C, C++, or SystemC and in Python or other higher level languages
- Strong communication, time management and technical skills
- Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and be a very effective team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in custom or structured custom circuit design and experience directing layout or physical implementation is desirable
- Experience working with application and kernel software teams is desirable
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top