Area Manager - Vendor Flex
Night Shift Area Manager Specialty Fulfillment
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking Area Managers for our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) throughout the United States. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you'll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
- Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
- Partner with other Area Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools.
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
- Low cost direct to customer fulfillment experience
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top