Area Manager (UNY4, NYC)
- Plainview, NY
Amazon's Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) operations is looking for highly motivated, curious leaders who can cut through ambiguity to improve our processes and constantly innovate on behalf of our customers.
GSF is known for its ground-breaking approaches to delivering the best possible customer experience. Our teams work to fulfill and deliver the highest quality of just-in-time orders, and include innovative, growing businesses such as: Prime Now, which pioneered free one- and two-hour delivery of Amazon's most in-demand items; Amazon Fresh, which brought groceries Whole right to customers' doorsteps, Amazon's service network for large items.
Amazon is seeking Area Managers for our GSF network throughout the United States. Your role will be focused on supporting expansion and growth of our ultra-fast grocery business that fulfills customer orders for delivery in 1 & 2 hours! Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. As we continue to grow, we will rely on smart and scalable practices to enable execution of a best-in-class operation and drive cost down. A candidate with prior warehouse fulfillment or grocery operations experience is an ideal fit, as this role will require you to lean into your experiences on how to effectively manage associates, partners, and operational metrics. In these roles, you will have broad responsibility of operations including but not limited to Inbound, Outbound, inventory management, and people engagement. Where the path forward is unclear, we partner and drive solutions with our support teams but often, you will be expected to be the front-line contact and first point of entry for our associate, vendors and delivery partners.
Four key areas that you'll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and cost. As a front-line leader, you will be the main point of contact for many Amazon support teams requiring excellent soft skills. Through these relationships, you will invent new strategies that will help improve our associate and customer experience. As an Area Manager, it is expected that you will be able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment, communicating and interacting with your direct Operations manager on a daily basis.
We are always looking for talented individuals who would like to quickly take on responsibility and join the team that further enhances innovation and excellence in operations.
You and your team of associates are responsible for delivering a best in class customer and associate experience. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, whose needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed and drive the it is always day 1 mentality... We strive for scaleable solutions to improve our overall business. Executing well thought out approaches to problem solving and designing short term solutions while partnering with various Support teams to design the long-term solution will be a key element of your job.
Additional Job Elements
• Lift and move product up to 49 pounds
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the FCs Chilled ambient and frozen space with great frequency.
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Able to travel within your designated city 100% and outside 10%.
• Flexibility in schedule as you may be required to work any day of the week, across daily operating hours
• Effectively communicate with internal and external partners
• Problem solve complex solutions to find scrappy, scaleable solutions for customers and associates
• A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
• 2+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
• A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• Direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
• Experience managing the entire product life cycle for all produce items
• Knowledge of USDA, food safety and hygiene standards
• Utilize proper receiving, handling and spec checks on all product
• Ensure appropriate rotation techniques are used to keep produce at its highest quality at all times
• 6-8 years produce management experience
• Experience in inventory management and quality control
• 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top