Area Manager Nights
- Bristol, United Kingdom
Are you ready to champion extraordinary customer service, Amazon style?
Are you up for crafting solutions and solving tomorrow's problems today?
Then we have an opportunity just for you!
We're seeking an Area Manager to join our dynamic Delivery Station. Our Delivery Stations are at the heart of Amazon's rapidly growing Operations and Logistics network: they're where we sort and process our parcels. They're also where we developed our industry-leading workflows. Our teams induct, sort and then ship parcels out: the teams who do this have played their part in taking us where we are today.
In these facilities we're building the future of customer service, as we work towards becoming Earth's most customer-centric company. This is your chance to make history with us.
About the role and responsibilities:
You'll be responsible as a leader within your Delivery Station. Along with your peers, you'll ensure that all workflows run smoothly and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
In the logistics team you enter and lead, we'll be entrusting a team of approximately 80 to 120 associates to you. You'll drive the training and integration of your team, while motivating and inspiring forward progress. All the while, you'll exercise good judgement, making sure progress and critical metric targets are worked towards and met.
While you achieve this, you'll ensure motivation, engagement and performance:
• You'll need to safeguard your team's safety, promoting Amazon's Health and Safety standards,
• You'll lead cross-functional teams, tasked with solving operational problems,
• You'll uphold Amazon's high standards of process quality,
• You'll maintain inventory accuracy,
• You'll strive to improve and streamline processes,
• You'll become a subject matter expert on larger Delivery Station processes and activities,
• You'll actively share and promote best practices with your colleagues and network,
• You hold a degree in logistics, business administration, or in a related field, or you have an equivalent qualification
• A great teammate, you thrive when working with others,
• You have previous experience as a manager, involving sizable teams; you're a natural at motivating others around you,
• You demonstrate problem-solving and analytical capabilities: conducting and driving Dive Deep analysis on complex processes isn't a problem for you,
• You're a quick thinker, able to act tactfully in a dynamic environment,
• You're willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done.
• Previous experience as a manager in a distribution center or logistics warehouse is a nice to have.
We're looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top