Area Manager, Logistics
Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If you do then Amazon could be the right career choice for you. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but also the entire industry.
Amazon's transportation teams work to ensure the delivery packages globally for customers around the world. On its busiest day, Cyber Monday, Amazon customers around the world have ordered more than 400 items per second and the transportation teams play a critical role ensuring packages make it to customers' doors on-time and in great condition. Whether its items large or small, we find solutions to make sure we are delivering on our promise for customers.
Our Area Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of an Amazon Delivery Station (24/7 last-mile carrier site) which includes inbound, outbound and sortation operations. Delivery Stations represent the last leg of our delivery network. Customer packages travel from our Fulfillment Centers to regional Sort Centers and finally end up at our local Delivery Stations where packages are sorted and dispatched directly to the customer via delivery service providers (couriers).
Area Managers will actively engage with site and regional operations leadership to implement new operational improvements and new services. We expect our managers to continually identify ways to improve our operations.
Key Job Duties
Oversee the delivery of Amazon orders to customers
Build, optimize, and assign delivery routes on your shift
Communicate with and respond to Amazon Customer Service associates on delivery exceptions and requests
Support Amazon operations leadership team in daily operations management of the delivery station, including route assignment, leading meetings, and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
Troubleshoot problems through to resolution, escalating as necessary
Review and update SOPs as required
Participate in Lean/Kaizen, Black Belt, and other Operational Excellence initiatives
Ensure compliance throughout the site to global process standards and work on continuous improvement initiatives
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during shifts
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, or related field is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a group of 20-30 delivery providers
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Ability to work for different managers
- Continued meeting or exceeding of department performance goals
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Hard working and self-motivated
- An awareness and willingness to use Operational Excellence tools and techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top