This is an eight-week internship (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2021.
Amazon is looking for candidates who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager Intern. As a people leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a collaborative leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have helped create the most customer-centric company on Earth. If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, are energetic, and an organized self-starter, apply to join our team in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager! Amazon provides extensive training and development for interns to learn to become exceptional people leaders. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
As an Area Manager Intern, you will gain a holistic understanding of Amazon Operations via a mixture of classroom-style learning and on-the-floor work. You will work with a cohort of other interns as you spend time learning the details of each department within your building and developing a summer project related to Amazon's fulfillment network. Your main goal will be to build a comprehensive foundation of Amazon Operations knowledge. Interns may be offered a return internship for the following summer (2022).
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer's Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation's workflow can be broken three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
• The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environment
• Must be willing to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance, if qualified (position location is most heavily weighted on business need, but will also take into account individual location preference)
• Term: Eight weeks during summer of 2021
• Competitive salary and housing assistance (if qualified)
• Learning about Amazon Operations from a global and local lens via self-guided lessons plans, virtual lecture series, and on-the-floor work and shadow opportunities
• Delivering an innovative intern project
• Communicate policies to your team and act as a source of information for the team
• Create, manage, and support recognition programs
• Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
• Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
• Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
• Develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer demand and ensure accuracy and quality
• Work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
• Work overtime both in peak season and as needed
• Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
• Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Access all areas of building, ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways
• Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach both below the waist and above the head
• Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree with a conferral date between December 2022 and August 2023
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Adept at the ability to motivate others in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to analyze and dive deep into data to provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.