Area Manager | Denver
This is for the Everett, WA location only. Please only apply if interested in this location.
Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If you do then Amazon could be the right career choice for you. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but also the entire industry.
Amazon's transportation teams work to ensure the delivery packages globally for customers around the world. On its busiest day, Cyber Monday,Amazon customers around the world have ordered more than 400 items per second and the transportation teams play a critical role ensuring packages make it to customers' doors on-time and in great condition. Whether its items large or small, we find solutions to make sure we are delivering on our promise for customers.
Our Area Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of delivery stations in the Amazon network, including inbound, outbound, and sortation operations. They will actively engage with site and regional operations leadership to implement new operational improvements and new services. We expect our managers to continually identify ways to improve our operations.
Key Job Duties
- Oversee the delivery of Amazon orders to customers
- Build, optimize, and assign delivery routes on your shift
- Communicate with and respond to Amazon Customer Service associates on delivery exceptions and requests
- Support Amazon operations leadership team in daily operations management of the delivery station, including route assignment, leading meetings, and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
- Troubleshoot problems through to resolution, escalating as necessary
- Provide vacation coverage for other managers
- Review and update SOPs as required
- Participate in Lean/Kaizen, Black Belt, and other Operational Excellence initiatives
- Ensure compliance throughout the site to global process standards and work on continuous improvement initiatives
Additional Job Elements:
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Must be able to work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
- Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees
- Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during shifts
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, or related field is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a group of 20-30 delivery providers
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Ability to work for different managers
- Continued meeting or exceeding of department performance goals
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Hard working and self-motivated
- An awareness and willingness to use Operational Excellence tools and techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top