ABOUT AMAZON OPERATIONS
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you'll come help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world's greatest selection of products and services with the world's best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members at youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu6W86LChii5Lgzcbu8iF8Nc35u_vOtCQ
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. You will be responsible for engaging your team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
• Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
• Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
• Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
• Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Area Managers to balance labor
• Leading and developing a team of Amazon associates
• Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
• Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
• Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
• You have a completed bachelor's degree
• You speak fluent English
• You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon's peak holiday season and as needed year-round
• In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
• You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees' performance.
• You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. In the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.