- Gdańsk, Poland
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking an Area Manager for our Prime Now network throughout the United States. Your role will be focused on supporting expansion and growth of our ultra-fast delivery business. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. As we continue to grow, we will rely on smart and scalable practices to enable execution of a best-in-class operation and drive cost down. A candidate with prior field operations experience is an ideal fit, as this role will require you to lean into your experiences on how to effectively manage associates, partners, and operational metrics. In these roles, you will be expected to perform many micro-functions including but not limited to HR tasks, non-inventory management, account management, and problem solver. Where the path forward is unclear, we partner and drive solution with our support teams but often, you will be expected to be the front-line contact and first point of entry for our associate base.
Four key areas that you'll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department. You will be expected to execute a best-in-class process, resulting in reduced costs. As a front-line leader, you will be the main point of contact for Amazon shoppers and cross-team partners, requiring excellent soft skills. Through these relationships, you will invent new strategies that will help improve our associate and customer experience.
You and your team of associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed... innovation has made us the global company that we are today. We strive for scaleable solutions to improve our overall business. Executing well thought out approaches to problem solving and designing short term solutions while partnering with Tech and product teams to design the long-term solution will be a key element of your job.
Additional Job Elements
• Lift and move product up to 49 pounds
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Able to travel within your designated city 100%
• Flexibility in schedule as you may be required to work any day of the week, across daily operating hours
• Effectively communicate with internal and external partners
• Problem solve complex solutions to find scrappy, scaleable solutions for customers and associates
• A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
• 2+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
• A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• Direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
• 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top