Applied Scientist, Personalization
Want to help invent next generation technologies in recommender systems? Want to have direct impact on millions of customers every day, and have the opportunity to drive billions of dollars of impact? We've got the perfect job for you.
Amazon's Personalization team is creating a new program at the intersection of recommender systems, content optimization, and advertising. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team working on one of the largest scale machine learning systems in the company. You will hone your skills in areas such as deep learning, multi-armed bandits, and auction theory while building scalable industrial systems. As a member of a collaborative team of talented engineers and ML scientists, you will have a unique opportunity to drive massive impact on Amazon's customer base, and help build out a new business in Advertising.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven machine learning scientist who will help invent the future of content optimization at Amazon. You will propose and run live experiments on customers, with opportunities to publish your work. With strong thought leadership, great judgment, clear communication skills, and strong track record of delivery, you will play a critical role in ideation for the team. We are building the next generation optimization system that powers the biggest internet retailer on earth, and we hope you will join us!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in Software development
- 2+ years experience applying Data Science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in one statically typed language (Java, C, C++, …)
- Proficiency in one scripting language (Python, Perl, …)
- Excited to work on a diverse team
- Quantitative PhD a plus
- Experience working with real-world noisy data
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with advertising systems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top