Applied Scientist, Perception - Amazon Scout
- Seattle, WA
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As an Applied Scientist specializing in Computer Vision, you will combine cutting-edge Deep Learning techniques with classical Computer Vision to create intelligent systems.
In this job you will:
• Collaborate closely with Robotics scientists and Hardware teams to develop perception systems for Robots.
• Take responsibility for technical problem solving, including creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices.
• Interact with teammates in variety of roles to accomplish your goals.
• Identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
• Recruit, hire and develop other Applied Scientists.
You are a person with a commitment to team work, who enjoys working on complex systems, is customer centric, and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at world-wide scale.
• Ph.D in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or in a highly quantitative field
• A thorough understanding of both best practices for practical systems and the state-of-the-art in academic research
• Experience developing software in C++ or Python.
• 3+ years of industry experience in robotics
• 3+ years of relevant research experience in computer vision and machine learning.
• Expertise in domain adaptation
• Expertise with sensor fusion
• Expertise with night time perception
• Experience as a technical lead on a small team.
• Experience with production computer vision and machine learning systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top