Applied Scientist III - Automated Reasoning Group
- Cupertino, CA
Are you passionate about applying formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and theorem proving to real world problems? Do you want to create products that help customers? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. In this role, you will interact with internal teams and external customers to understand their requirements. You will apply your knowledge to propose innovative solutions, create software prototypes, and productize prototypes into production systems using software development tools and methodologies. In addition, you will support and scale your solutions to meet the ever growing demand of customer use.
- Interact with various teams to develop an understanding of their security and safety requirements.
- Apply the acquired knowledge to build tools find problems, or show the absence of security/safety problems.
- Implement these tools through the use of SAT, SMT, BDDs, and various concepts from programming languages, theorem proving, formal verification and constraint solving.
- Perform analysis of the customer systems using tools developed in-house or externally provided
- Create software prototypes to verify and validate the devised solutions methodologies; integrate the prototypes into production systems using standard software development tools and methodologies.
- Can present and defend company-wide technical decisions to the internal technical community and represent the company effectively at technical conferences.
- Functional thought leader, sought after for key tech decisions. Can successfully sell ideas to an executive level decision maker.
- Mentors and trains the research scientist community on complex technical issues.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
• At least 5 years of industrial/academic experience in formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and theorem proving
• At least 5 years of experience with SMT/SAT solvers
• At least 5 years of experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, or Python and open-source technologies
• Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Experience developing/modifying constraint solvers
• Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements
• Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top