Applied Scientist II, Kumo Development Team
- Iaşi, Romania
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100+ fully featured services to millions of active customers around the worldincluding the fastest-growing start-ups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies and organizations. AWS Customers are continuing to leverage AWS Services for applications ranging from exploratory to targeted innovative solutions to business-critical systems.
Kumo is the software engineering organization that scales AWS's support capabilities. Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company and this also applies when it comes to helping our own Amazon employees with their everyday IT Support needs. Our team is innovating for the Amazonian, making the interaction with IT Support as smooth as possible. We achieve this through multiple mechanisms which predict requests, eliminate root causes altogether, automate issue resolution or point customers towards the optimal troubleshooting steps for their situation. We deliver the support solutions plus the end-user content with instructions to help them self-serve. We employ machine learning solutions on multiple ends to understand our customer's behavior, predict customer's intent, deliver personalized content and automate issue resolution through chatbots.
Our team is growing and currently looking to hire a software development applied scientist or data scientist. You will be working as part of a software development team, you will apply or discover scientific methods for improving our customer's experience by making use of the data that we collect (customer behavior data, tickets, chatlogs, feedback). You will be involved in both the development of customer facing features and of analytical methods for root cause detection or harware inventory stock prediction.
• M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, or a other quantitative field
• 2+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems
• Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
• Experience using Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R or Python
• Experience distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems
• Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
• Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
• Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists
• Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Back to top