Applied Scientist II
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Moderation and Relevance System (MARS) team, based in Bangalore, is responsible for ensuring that ads are relevant and is of good quality, leading to higher conversion for the sellers and providing a great experience for the customers. We deal with one of the world's largest product catalog, handle billions of requests a day with plans to grow it by order of magnitude and use automated systems to validate tens of millions of offers submitted by thousands of merchants in multiple countries and languages.
In this role, you will build and develop ML models to address content intelligence problems, build advanced algorithms in detecting and generating content. These models will rely on a variety of visual and textual features requiring expertise in both domains. These models need to scale to multiple languages and countries. You will collaborate with engineers and other scientists to build, train and deploy these models. You will propose hypotheses, validate these offline and run A/B tests to validate them online. As part of these activities, you will develop production level code that enables moderation of millions of ads submitted each day.
• Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Expertise in Computer vision and familiar with text processing
• 3+ years of relevant applied sciences experience
• A deep understanding of algorithms, ML, and some exposure to big data systems
• A track record of shipping models to production on time.
• Prior experience with agile methodologies
• Experience in software engineering an added plus.
• Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Statistics or equivalent.
• Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field
• Expertise on a broad set of practical experience of applying techniques, including Deep Learning, statistics, NLP, Recommendation systems and or information retrieval
• Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Expert in more than one more major programming languages (Java, C++ or similar) and at least one scripting language (Python, or similar)
• Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
• Great verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top