Applied Scientist II
- New York, NY
If you get excited by the prospect of solving hard problems using Computer Vision and Machine Learning, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with thought leaders in the CV space, and are passionate about launching algorithms for maximum customer impact, then we have the perfect role for you!
We are looking for an expert in computer vision with a focus on data-driven image synthesis using deep learning techniques such as GANs and VAEs to help Amazon transform pixels into personalized fashion images. Our team is developing cutting-edge technology to personalize and transform photos, partnering with many different teams across Amazon to apply a mix of workflows, image generation, computer vision, and machine learning to solve problems like virtual try-on and AR at Amazon scale.
As an Applied Scientist, you will work in a team with other scientists and engineers working on products and prototypes in the field of image synthesis and photo-realistic appearance of people and clothing to create scalable solutions to customer problems. You will play a critical role in ideation for the team and run live experiments, with opportunities to publish your work. We are building the next generation of fashion imagery, and we hope you'll join us!
This role is located in NYC, but we are open to hiring remote positions across the US.
To know more about Amazon science, Please visit https://www.amazon.science
• Masters in machine learning, computer vision, computer science or related field.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing deep learning or computer vision algorithms.
• Experience with modern ML/CV frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc...
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Experience with generative deep learning models applicable to the creation of synthetic images like GANs, VAEs and NF.
• PhD in machine learning, computer vision, computer science or related field is preferred but relevant industry experience will be taken into account.
• Publications in top-tier venues (CVPR, ICML, NIPS, ICCV, ECCV, SIGGRAPH, etc.)
• Experience with generative deep learning models applicable to the creation of synthetic images like CNNs, GANs, VAEs and NF.
• Experience with machine learning techniques for fast and accurate extraction of visual features of humans (i.e. shape, pose, segmentation) from photographs. Hands on experience in this area is a strong plus.
• Experience with gradient descent and other forms of first and second order derivative-based optimization
• Experience with probabilistic models and statistical learning
• Experience with 3D graphics and/or geometric reconstruction
• Familiarity with cloud computing services such as AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top