Applied Scientist II
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to create state-of-the-art solutions to help Selling Partners and Customers on Amazon? The North American Consumer Recruitment and Development team is looking for a Senior Applied Scientist to lead us on our mission to recruit all the brands in the world to sell on Amazon, while empowering them to grow their business and provide a great customer experience. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com and empowers millions of entrepreneurs worldwide. To drive this unprecedented scale, our entrepreneurial team of sales reps, account managers, product managers, and software engineers continuously invent new ways to scale and raise the bar for our selling partners through automation.
As an Applied on our team of scientists, engineers, and product managers, you will have opportunities to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on challenges that can revolutionize the e-commerce industry. You will expose and measure current Selling Partner Recruitment and Development performance. You will identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems, and collaborate with engineering, research, and business teams for future innovation. You need to be a sophisticated user of advanced quantitative techniques and data visualization for answering specific business questions, and an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable recommendation systems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's historical business data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Work closely with operations staff to optimize various business operations,
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
To know more about Amazon science, Please visit https://www.amazon.science
• PHD/MS. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• Great design and problem solving skills, passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
• At least 4+ years of hands-on experience in applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
• At least 3+ years in more than one or more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar).
• Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively deliver technical implementations having complex dependencies and requirements.
• Exemplary communication skills, ability to work with large cross functional teams of technical and non-technical members.
• PhD in computer science, engineering, or related field with 4+ years of relevant experience.
• Expertise in specialized areas such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Text Mining, and online experimentation etc.
• Knowledge and direct experience using statistical packages and business intelligence tools..
• Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
• Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
• Track record of executive level reporting to that drive business decisions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top