Are you a scientist interested in advancing the state of the art in machine learning and computer vision? Are you interested in working on ground-breaking research projects that will lead to great products and scientific publications? Do you wish you had access to large datasets? Answer yes to any of these questions and you'll fit right in here at Amazon.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
We are looking for a hands-on researcher, who wants to derive, implement, and test the next generation of computer vision and machine learning algorithms. The research we do is innovative, multidisciplinary, and far-reaching. We aim to define, deploy, and publish cutting edge research. In order to achieve our vision, we think big and tackle technology problems that are cutting edge. Where technology does not exist, we will build it. Where it exists we will need to modify it to make it work at Amazon scale. We need members who are passionate and willing to learn.
Our Culture and You
We are a tightly net group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We believe in team work. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
• Derive novel computer vision and/or machine learning algorithms.
• Define scalable computer vision and machine learning models.
• Work with large datasets.
• Work closely with software engineering teams to deploy your innovations.
• Publish your work.
• Mentor team members in the use of your CV/ML techniques.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• A PhD in CS, ECE, Statistics or in a related, highly quantitative field.
• Research expertise in computer vision and machine learning.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in computer vision or machine learning.
• 5+ years Python/Matlab/SQL experience.
• Some experience in scripting for data analysis (Perl, Awk, Python, etc)
• Eager to learn new approaches, algorithms, application areas, and tools.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong skills in problem solving, programming, and computer science fundamentals
• Strong algorithm development experience.
• Solid background in statistics, math, CS, machine learning, and computer vision.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar.
• Experience writing scientific papers. Ideally, with multiple publications in top computer vision or machine learning conferences/journals, like CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, PAMI, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, JMLR, etc.
• Experience in generative models, 3D vision, transformers, or other computer vision or machine learning techniques.
• Experience in large data analysis.
• Solid knowledge of statistics and probability.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively across multiple organizations in the company.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit