Applied Scientist - Fixed Marketing Measurement - Customer Behavior Analytics Team
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Marketing Science team (a part of Customer Behavior Analytics) is looking for an applied scientist with strong technical skills in causal inference to drive methodology improvements for fixed marketing measurement (TV, Digital) using customer-level data.
The successful candidate will be a daring hands-on self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, humble to seek feedback and learn from peers (scientists, economists, marketing practitioners), bold to think big, has solid attention to detail and believes in challenging themselves to raise the bar continuously. The scientist will develop production models using customer-level panel data on advertising exposure to identify the causal impact of Amazon marketing. They will work closely with media and portfolio teams to understand business needs and with a sister engineering team to productionalize solutions. The ML models will improve the efficiency of billions of dollars of marketing spend.
This role requires an individual with strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical/machine learning, econometric, and good coding skills.
The candidate should have strong communication skills to work closely with stakeholders to translate business needs into methodology and data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Overall, the candidate's responsibilities include:
• Design and build scalable analytic solutions using ML models to measure the financial impact of cross channel marketing spend
• Work with the data acquisition team on data requirements
• Ensuring that state of the art statistical methods and machine learning technology are deployed to measure effectiveness of video advertising on social media
• Work closely with both business units and engineering teams to formulate measurement problems and associated technical solution strategies
• Develop a library of measurement, decision making and machine learning algorithms to enable data-driven decision making
• Support engineering teams to build tools and applications on our unique big data platform to efficiently generate and deploy insights into decision-making systems at Amazon
• Raise the bar on applications of machine learning for advertising measurement and optimization
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in statistics, engineering, economy, operations research, or related fields
• Advanced proficiency with statistical modeling, experimental design, and machine learning algorithms
• Deep expertise in using multivariate regression techniques and neural network
• Ability to research, identify, evaluate, and implement modeling solutions for complex business problems
• Experience using Python and/or R is required
• Hands-on experience using Big Data Technologies
• Comprehensive and deep knowledge of a relevant field of research, such as machine learning
• Experience presenting data-focused research to upper management
• PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Related Fields
• Proficient in Software design principle application on large-scale ML model
• Experience with marketing measurement and understanding of fixed marketing channels (TV, Digital)
• Experience working with engineering to productionalize ML models (from data acquisition, validation, ML, validations)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top