Interested in Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Our team's mission is to make machine learning easy, stronger, and universal across data driven products and businesses. Our vision is to bring the best of humans and ML/AI algorithms to improve the entire machine learning model development lifecycle (the loop). We specialize in developing managed Human-in-loop ML/AI services (HIL) such as SageMaker Ground Truth for model training, Amazon Augmented AI for model inference, and Mechanical Turk for crowd intelligence. Our strategy is to bring the best of ML based automation to tasks such as ground truth generation via active learning and online learning approaches. Similarly, we provide powerful (human+machine) solutions for improving the efficiency of human processes via Augmented Artificial Intelligence.
We are seeking an experienced Applied Scientist for the Human-in-loop ML/AI Services team. This is a role that combines science knowledge (around machine learning, computer vision, and robotics), technical strength, and product focus. It will be your job to help develop ML science for human-in-loop problems and work closely with the engineering team to ship them to our customers. You are also expected to work closely with other applied scientists on the HIL Science team, and be a demonstrate Amazon Leadership Principles.
Strong technical skill and experience with machine learning, computer vision, or robotics is required. Our customers are strongly technical and the solutions we build for them are strongly coupled to technical feasibility.
If you are ready for the challenge, come and help us design the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Graduate degree (M.S or PhD) in machine learning, computer vision, robotics, or related field
• 2+ years of top quality research and development experience, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Python, Java, C/C++ or C# or related language
• Deep Learning implementation expertise (TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet, etc)
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics or a related quantitative field
• Publications in top-tier computer vision or machine learning conferences and journals
• Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us