The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Machine Learning group is looking for scientists to join the Palo Alto office. AWS is the clear leader in cloud computing. Leading in Machine Learning requires the best scientists in the world. As a scientist at AWS you will invent, implement and deploy state of the art algorithms and systems. You will build prototypes and explore new solutions. You will interact closely with costumers and understand their machine learning challenges. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for AWS and work with acclaimed engineers and world famous scientists.
- Be clear experts in a field and be able to drive a research agenda that is well aligned with business needs.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends in the area of research.
- Improve and accelerate technology with science, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and prototyping.
- Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
- Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
- Effectively communicating with senior management, colleagues, the open source community and academia.
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside the team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgment.
- Graduate degree in computer science, operations research, statistics, engineering, or mathematics
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Experience with fast prototyping
- Experience object oriented languages and efficient low level coding
- Experience with data mining or machine learning applications
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top