The Amazon Retail Hardlines Shopping Experience team supports the technology platform for several Amazon Hardlines categories. Together these businesses generate tens of billions of dollars in revenue every year. Our group comprises solid software developers, seasoned product and program managers, software development managers and creative UX designers who form a great team to raise the bar on the customer experience. We are hiring a Research Scientist to join the team.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in business analytics and data mining. The Research Scientist will drive the creation and improvement of timely, relevant, and actionable recommendations that help Amazon Hardlines categories grow. The Research Scientist must love extracting, nurturing and transforming a high volume of data into actionable business information and making it readily accessible to stakeholders.
- Analyze big data (Search Experience, Detail Page, Order History, Clickstream analytics) to figure out user behavior problems, and output reports with clear recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to recommend innovations based on data analysis and partner with them on projects.
- Report on customer, product, marketing and sales insights and trends to senior leadership and the team at large.
- Review insights and intelligence to provide recommendations to key stakeholders
- Develop queries and reports for business teams and ongoing projects.
This team is a great fit for you if
- You like to work on projects that have a direct impact to millions of customers across the globe
- You truly care about the business results of the recommendations and models you develop
- You like to partner closely with development teams
- You adapt to change well and operate well in ambiguity
- 3+ years of PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or a highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of Hands-on experience developing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms and models.
- Programming and prototyping skills (Java/C++ or R/MATLAB/Python).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with both technical and business people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Solid communication and data presentation skills.
- 5+ years of PhD in CS Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or in another highly quantitative field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Skills with Java, C++ (or other high-level programming language) as well as R, MATLAB, Python (or similar scripting language)
- Statistical analysis, machine learning and data-modeling in a database environment
- Experience mentoring the research scientist community on complex technical and business issues.
- Experience deploying models into business operations and accounting for organizational process response.
- A track record of innovating in Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top