Do you want to join a team working on cutting-edge science to innovate user experiences for Amazon devices!
The Device Engagement and Personalization Science team is looking for an Applied Scientist who has a solid background in applied Machine Learning, deep passion for building data-driven products, ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and has a proven track record of executing complex projects and delivering high business impact. Candidate can choose to work in Sunnyvale OR Irvine OR Seattle!
Personalized recommendations are a key feature for all Amazon devices including tablets and we make it easier for customers to find the content that interests them. Examples include:
• We suggest a set of apps, books and videos for our users that are tailored for their specific interests.
• Our special offers and marketing campaigns are personalized.
• Our onboarding videos and content suggestions are personalized for each customer.
In this role, you will:
• Deliver production level, customer facing ML solutions that empower our devices to provide the best set of suggestions.
• Work closely with product and technology partners across Amazon.
• Perform hands-on data analysis, build machine-learning models, run regular A/B tests, and communicate the impact to stakeholders.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• PhD with a focus on Machine Learning or another highly quantitative field
• Experience in building large-scale machine learning models and infrastructure for online recommendations, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
• Experience with a popular deep learning framework (MXNet, TensorFlow, etc.)
• Experience with end-to-end software development life-cycle
• Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization