- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a passionate, talented and inventive Senior Applied Scientist - Sensors to join our team. As part of the larger technology team working on new consumer technology, your work will have a large impact to hardware, internal software developers, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. You must love high quality signal processing, enjoy sensor data analysis, optimizing sensor performance, and have a feel for what a good consumer experience should be like. In this role, you will:
• Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products
• Work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test
• Development of new sensor algorithms
• Optimization and porting of sensor algorithms to different platforms.
• Integrate vendor hardware and software stacks
• Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
• Be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
• 7+ years of development experience in an R&D capacity
• Experience with sensor signal processing, data analysis
• Experience with DSP algorithms and Machine Learning(ML).
• Experience in sensor fusion.
• Experience with creating new signal processing algorithms
• Experience with C/C++, Python languages.
• Experience working in a software development team, including using software version control tools
• Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
• Demonstrated capability to write production software in C/C++
• Experience in various sensor signal processing technologies.
• Experience in solving problems with ML techniques especially deep neural networks
• Experience with ML tools like Tensorflow, Keras, OpenML, etc
• Understanding of sensor technologies, in particular inertial, optical, thermal and ultrasonic sensors.
• Ability and desire to create new technologies in the form of prototypes and patents
• Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact
• Personal interest in sensor technologies
• Excellent communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top