The Amazon Devices-Demand Planning team is seeking an outstanding scientist with strong analytical and communication skills to help with demand forecasting and supply optimization for the entire Amazon device family of products and accessories. We develop scalable and robust state-of-the-art solutions that involve learning from different data sources. This role is central to the continued growth of Amazon Device division as we have grown from the first Kindle E-Reader to a vast portfolio of Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablet, E-Reader, Ring and many other devices. With better forecasts we drive down supply chain costs, enabling the offer of lower prices and better in-stock selection for our customers.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to both develop advanced scientific solutions and drive critical customer and business impacts. You will play a key role to drive end-to-end solutions from understanding our business requirements, exploring a large amount of historical data, building prototypes and exploring conceptually new solutions, to working with partner teams for prod deployment. You will collaborate closely with engineering peers as well as business stakeholders. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for Amazon Devices.
You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, and are comfortable working with cross-functional teams and systems. You will be responsible for researching, prototyping, experimenting, and analyzing predictive models.
• Research and develop new methodologies for demand forecasting.
• Improve upon existing methodologies by adding new data sources and implementing model enhancements.
• Drive scalable solutions.
• Create and track accuracy and performance metrics (both technical and business metrics).
• Create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to other scientists, engineers and business leaders.
• Drive best practices on the team; mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation.
• Strong programing skills in Python, R or Scala.
• Experience with time series modeling and machine learning forecasting.
• Good knowledge of SQL, Spark, EMR, Redshift and AWS infrastructure.
• Experience with data management and/or high performance computing.
• Experience working in command-line Linux environments.