Applied Scientist - Computer Vision, Localization, Amazon Scout
- Seattle, WA
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to delight customers. We're looking for people who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog here: http://amazon.com/scout
As a part of the localization team you will:
• Collaborate closely with engineers, applied researchers and hardware teams to develop computer vision and machine learning algorithms and software for robots.
• Take responsibility for technical problem solving, including creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices.
• Interact with teammates in variety of roles to accomplish your goals
• Identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
• Recruit, hire and develop other applied scientists.
• PhD (OR Master's Degree plus 10+ years of industry or academic research experience) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics or a related quantitative field
• Industry or academic research experience in one or more of the following areas : Computer Vision, Localization, Robotics
• Experience building machine learning models or developing algorithms for business application.
• 1+ years experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language and/or Machine Learning
• Experience in robotic systems
• Experience with visual odometry, mapping, and localization algorithms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top